Academic Programmes of the year 2015-16
- EDUCATION PROGRAMMES OF THE YEAR 2015-16
Class on Prolife by Mr. Benny Pulical
A talk on The role of St. Kuriakose Elias Chavara in the upliftment of women folk of Kerala was given by Dr. Sr.Navya CMC
A Class on Teacher a person of Faith was given by Rev. Fr. Joseph Pathadan (Assistant finance officer of Ernakulam Angamaly Arch diocese)
A class on Effective teacher in Today’s world was given by Rev. Fr. Justine Kaiprampadan Rector Minor Seminary Thrikakkara
A talk on value education was given by Padmanabha swami
On St. Joseph’s a talk on St. Joseph a role model for teacherswas given by Rev. Fr. Mathew KilukanDeepika Circulation Manager.
from 15 /01 to 17/01/ 2015
Closed Retreat for all students
The regular morning assembly, the thought for the day, catechism classes, occasional prayer meeting, training in the preparation of value education lesson lans and pilgrimage etc. were also provided.
- Co-curricular activities
For the proper development of personality and to inculcate values like open-mindedness, aesthetic sense, artistic qualities, creativity etc. the students were made to join in any one of the clubs or associations functioning in the institution like Women’s cell, Health Club, Eco club etc. The clubs and associations conducted various programme like seminars, talks, quiz, exhibitions, debates, presentation of tableau based on relevant themes.
- The members of the youth Red Cross Society of the college collected and distributed food packets for the poor and needy and participated in the Youth Red Cross camp.
- students participated in SAM fest organized by SAM Training College Poothotta. We were awarded prizes in all the items (Single dance, Group Music, Group dance and Mime) and secured the overall championship.
- 15 students participated in intercollegiate athletic meet organized by
St. Joseph Training College, Mannanam and secured first prize in shot put, second prize in Discus throw and third prize in Javeline throw.
- 08 Students participated in university Youth festival DHWANI and secured A grade in Mohiniyattam.
- Extension activities:
The extension wing of the college organized various activities to stretch out a helping hand to the needy brethren of the locality irrespective of cast creed colour and gender.
- The student teachers shared the pain and grief of the children and their parents who were shot dead at Peshawar, by silently moving through the streets holding placards against war and cruelty against children on 17th December 2014.
- Students participated in ‘Run Kerala Run’ keeping the spirit of National games hosted by our state on 21stJanuary 2015
- On world peace day January 30th the student teachers went out to the streets with suitable plots to express their ideas to the public.
- Participated and presented cultural programmes in the annual day celebration of Boston School Kakkanad on 30th January 2015
- Participated in St. Chavara memorial lecture series at St. Joseph’s training college, Mannanam on 10th February 2015 SreelakshmiSreekumar presented a classical dance for the poem composed by St. Chavara
- Institution organised a summer course named HOPE of one month duration 13th April to 13th May 2015 for the inmates of government children’s home Kakkanad .Curriculum of the summer course included, communicative English, value education and personality development.
- Provided free tuition to students of Govt. HSS Panampillynagarfrom June 2015 and is still continuing.
- The amount spent on extension activity was Rs. 40000/-
- The institution provided teaching aids to the neighboring schools as per request.
- Catholic Congregation of the Blind (CCB) conducted an Orchestra On 21st August in connection with the fund raising programme and the Josephitefamily donated Rs. 30000/-
- Twenty students participated as invigilators in school work experience competition on 20th October 2015 at SRV H. school Ernakulam
- Students Teachers Participated as invigilators in School SastraMela, 70 students on 13th and 50 students on 14 November 2015 and thus helped the smooth conduct of the programme. .
- Christmas was celebrated on 18th of December. Rev. Dr. James Perepadan Adjutant Judicial Vicar of Ernakulum - Angamaly Arch Diocese gave the Christmas Message. Josephites could extend a hand helping to flood affected brethren of Tamil Nadu by donating Rs. 25000/- as Chennai relief fund. Apart from this institution extend the infrastructural facilities to the needy groups .
- College Provided Venue for conducting Centralized Valuation Camp of B. Ed degree examination.
- The AKTCTA convened meetings in Our College.
- College also witnesses various meetings like CRI Meeting, Meeting of
Jesus Youth etc.
- Students Enrichment Programme
To promote quality and excellence in effective communication, public speaking, team spirit, personality development, etc. various programmes were organized during the academic year. Some of them are
- Seminar on Teachers in Modern Class room by Dr. Krishnakumar Assistant Prof. in Malayalam Education SNM training college Moothakunnam on 18thDecmber 2014.
- An awareness class on organ donation was organized on 19th Feb.2015 by Sreedhariyam
- Workshop on Theatre in Education was organized from 9th to 14th March 2015 in collaboration with IMPACT, Kochi
- A Workshop on OER was organized for M.Ed students on 7th May 2015 in collaboration with Wawasan University Malesya .
- A 7 day work shop on Multimedia was organized from 8th to16th May 2015.
- One day seminar on Self-esteem and inter personal skills was given by Dr. Jaisy on 18th May 2015.
- A workshop on SUPW was conducted on 19th May2015
- A seminar on legal awareness, child rights and women’s rights was conducted on 20th May 2015. The resource persons were Prof. Pauline Rose Mathaiand Adv. Wilfred both are members of People’s council for social justice.
- A workshop on Music Education was conducted on 21st May 2015 by Mr. Peter Felix
- A workshop on e learning and value education was given on 22nd May 2015 by Dr. Alice Joseph, Bindu Joseph and Mrs. Joby Joy Kurian.
- A workshop on language lab was given by Marine Jose
- Workshop on Interview skills and resume preparation was given Mr. Sooraj Abraham on 25th to 27th of May 2015 to a group of 60 students.
- A class on personality development was given by Dr. Siju on 28th and 29th to a group of 100 students.